What You Will Get Here
- Understanding Cabinet Table Saw and Its Importance
- How Did We Pick the Best?
- Things to Consider while Buying the Best Cabinet Table Saw
- Our Top 10 Best Cabinet Table Saws
- Best Overall: SawStop PCS175-TGP236 Cabinet Saw
- Also Great: SawStop PCS31230-TGP252 Pro Cabinet Saw
- Budget Friendly: Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw
- Premium Choice: Powermatic 1792001K PM2000
- List of 6 other Cabinet Table Saw We Reviewed
- List of Other Products We Tested
- Care and Maintenance
Understanding Cabinet Table Saw and Its Importance
A cabinet table saw differs from the table saw in that it has a hardy base that is enclosed upon which the table top saw is placed. The allows for a sturdier table and precision cuts as it is also a lot more powerful than normal table saws. Their motors are known to be anywhere around from 2 to 5 horsepower.
They may be pricier than other table saws, but their power is unmatched with large attachable blades that can help you tackle a wide variety of projects. The greatest thing about this is that you usually only have to cut through the material once
They come in different grades such as the commercial grade table cabinet saw and professional grade table cabinet saw.
Why a Cabinet Table Saw Is Important for Woodworking
- They are quieter than most other types of saws as their motor is stored in an enclosed based.
- Not as much to clean up after a hard day of cutting on the saw. The saw has large dust collection ports that collect the sawdust.
- Less chance of landing up with bits of cut wood that has been burned from the excessive heat of the blades.
- Smoother more precise cuts because of the rigid plate mounting and power at which the blades spin.
- Important parts of the saw such as the belts and motor are protectively housed in the enclosed base.
- The blades last longer especially if buying one of the best cabinet table saws money can buy.
- They have a large tabletop working area
- They have easier to use controls and magnetic safety switch
- The machines have the ever-important positive blade setting which enables the cut of material to come out with the best results possible.
- The cleaning and maintenance of the table cabinet saws are a lot easier thanks to well-spaced and positioned parts.
How Did We Pick the Best?
The most expensive table saws are not necessarily the best there plenty of cheap cabinet table saws that work just as well. This true whether they are professional or commercial table saws. With a lot of web research and community-based usage, we put the listed products to test and consulted with some leading experts in the field.
We grouped the saws into the most appropriate category of the best commercial table saw and the best professional table saw. Our aim was to find the best cabinet table saw for the money machine on the market today.
To do that we went through each of the saws that we found and focused on the following:
- The design of the cabinet table saw
- The quality of the saw blades
- What the speed of the saw blades was, their average life-span, the quality, and strength of the blades
- Its ability to cut through different types of materials
- What the specification of the motor is
- How big and efficient the dust port is
- Safety features
- Warranty of the saw as this is important for the best-rated cabinet table saws to the lower end ones.
- What the weight and the dimensions are to ensure it will fit into the space that has been allotted to it.
- We also went through a lot of cabinet table saw reviews to ensure our finding matched up with those of people who had been using the products.
Things to Consider while Buying the Best Cabinet Table Saw
Whether you are looking for the best commercial table saw, the best professional table saw, or the best starter table saw there are some basic considerations to ponder.
1. Base and cabinet Material
When looking at the cabinet table saw you are going to want to look at one that has a base unit that is designed to last. The better bases are made from cast iron and are completely enclosed to protect the different components of the saw and drown out a lot of motors noise.
2. Motor Horsepower
Ideally, you are going to need a saw that has enough horsepower to cut through the toughest knottiest of wood. It is good to remember not to just pick on horsepower alone and to ensure if you are going for higher horsepower it is within your budget. Higher horsepower tends to be pricier.
- 5 to 2-HP Cabinet powerful enough for mainstream work
- 3 to 5 HP Cabinet this is more for the serious woodworker or hobbyist
Better fences my rack up the cost of the machine a bit more but they are well worth the extra cost. When considering a machine make sure that is has a T-fence as this is one of the most important parts of the tool. This is what makes various kinds of cuts on the device possible and prevents the boards from moving about.
5. Hand Wheel
Check that the product comes with hand wheel for the adjusting of the blade heights.
6. Depth of cut
Check the depth of cut for specific blade height cuts you want to be able to have a few settings for various wood, etc.
7. Floor Space
The size of the base must be determined by the space you have available in your workshop. This space will determine what size and weight of the machine you will require.
8. Kickback Protection
Working with any power tool requires safety preparations, especially with a tool that uses a high-speed, powerful blade. Make sure the machine has kickback prevention they must be able to protect from the riving knife and sudden hand jerk movements. Also, you need to gather certain items to ensure the overall safety of yourself
Make sure the blades are made from high-quality grade material and that the machine comes with a few choices.
Heavier cabinets tend to mean a more stable machine. Most workshops that have the table cabinet saw have bolted to the floor permanently. But some smaller workshops may need to be able to move the device in order to maximize their space. Pick the weight and size of the machine to fit into your workshop environment.
The miter slot must be a standard size this is important for the adding of accessories onto the device. Most accessories are of a standard size and will be of no use to a device that has a unique sized miter
The bevel should ride above the blade this makes for smoother rip cuts that are bur-free.
13. Dust Port
Look for machines that have broader dust ports. These do not get clogged as easily as the narrower ones and a dust port is just as necessary for your safety as the other safety features are
The machine needs to be able to have a clean runoff of debris so that some small bits of wood or sawdust do not fly up into your face/eyes.
14. Blade assembly
Make sure that the machine you choose has for easy changing and adjusting of the blades. Some blade assemblies will require tools in order to be able to adjust and change out the blades.
15. Safety features
Always check the safety features of the machine to ensure it has a paddle emergency button that is easy to use. This should be able to be worked by pressing it with any part or your body.
16. Arbor shaft size
Changing out of an arbor shaft is not a job that you are going to want to do. When looking over a machine make sure that the arbor shaft is long enough to have room for a dado stack of blades.
17. Price and warranty
Make sure that the price is in your budget range and always check the warranty specifically the length and what parts it covers.
Our Top 10 Best Cabinet Table Saws
We went through some of the best cabinet table saws on the market to be able to bring you some honest reviews of the following best cabinet table saws. We hope that they help to narrow down your choice.