Many of today’s drill press models come with tables but you may not find them useful. Nobody wants to compromise the accuracy and precision of their woodwork, hence the need for a replacement table that can give you the freedom to handle any size of project.
Here our experts reviewed a number of drill press tables and shortlisted the most amazing ones with their features, advantages and disadvantages. We also added a buyer’s guide so you can easily identify the best drill press table as per your own requirements. Read on to find out your best choice!
Top Drill Press Tables : Comparison Chart
|Pick Name||Thumbnail||Product Name||Price|
|Our Pick||WEN DPA2412T||Check Price|
|Compact Choice||Proxxon 27100 KT 70||Check Price|
|Budget Friendly||Woodstock D4033||Check Price|
|Most Versatile Choice:||DEWALT DW7350||Check Price|
|5th||Fulton 15″ x 24″ x 1-3/8″ Thick with Aluminum L Fence||Check Price|
|6th||Woodpeckers WPDPPACK2||Check Price|
|7th||MLCS 9778 Jumbo Size Drill Press Table||Check Price|
|8th||WEN DPA2412||Check Price|
|9th||MLCS 9765 Drill Press Table||Check Price|
|10th||HTC Expandable Tool Table (HTT-31)||Check Price|
Why Follow Us
Woodworking has always been a part of our life because we grew up in an environment that included woodworking. As time went by, we inherited those tools from our fathers, grandfathers, and other relatives that loved the industry. It’s natural that as an integral woodworking machine, we were familiar with drill presses and drill press tables from an early age. We wanted to share our hands-on experience with these products on this platform, hence the preparation of this review.
Also, here at Drillly, we always give honest and unbiased reviews because we care about useful information that really helps our audience. This is something you won’t find everywhere online because there are many reviewers that take money from different manufacturers and give false reviews on their products with the sole intention of monetary gain. This was one of the reasons we felt it necessary to establish this platform where both beginner and expert woodworkers could get useful tips and honest reviews so they could make the most of their projects.
How We Made Our Selection
As said earlier, the Drillly team has been using different types of drill press as well as tables from different brands for years. We were already well familiar with some of the most popular drill press machines as well as their tables on the current market. But we knew we had to be more careful when making such a shortlist.
Keeping that in mind, we first located the 25 of the most desired drill press tables conducting research online. Afterwards, we and our volunteer team tested them one by one over a period of several months. While testing, we had kept our focus on the factors that really provided great value for money. They included such basic features as the fence, the inset throat plate, the T-Tracks, and the plastic laminate; as well as the advanced features like the adjustable ruler for easy cross or xy slide positioning, fence stop block for repetitive cuts, and many more.
After getting an overall idea about their utilities, we made these 10 choices and checked their customer ratings and reviews to see what other users were thinking about them. We also took opinions from experts and professional woodworkers because they had dedicated the better parts of their lives to research about these tools. Their feedback helped us ensure that all the products on our list were worth your hard-earned money.
We did all of this just to help you find your right match. Relevant information as to the specification, features, pros and cons of each have all been provided. All that is left for you is to make careful analysis of each and make the right choice.
Our Top 10 Best Drill Press Table
Having categorized our topics based on its various types and the factors to be considered when buying a drill press table outlined above, let’s go straight to look at them. We will be examining each drill press table one after the other providing it’s specifications and features as well as its pros and cons.
01 Our Pick: WEN DPA2412T
Occupying the number one spot is the WEN DPA2412T that has gained widespread recognition among woodworkers and furniture makers globally. It is highly rated for its excellent features and high performing abilities. It has for a long time now, been the most preferred drill press table. With its excellent design, durability and reliability, it leads the pack here.
What You Should Know
- It is easy to set up, understand and use: WEN DPA2412T is suitable for both beginners and professionals because of its easy-to-understand and-use features. It comes with a manual guide that provides for its installation in easy guide through steps.
- It enhances accuracy: Accurate results are your selling point and if you need a tool that can help you enhance that, then you should consider none other than this drill press table. Its designs and features are so in place that you don’t have to look outside the board while carrying out your projects.
- Excellent and durable clamps: This inexpensive choice comes with impressive clamps that help you to hold items together firmly as you carry on work on the table. With this, you do not have to sustain the fear of your items going off while working.
- You don’t have to worry about its surface warping: Since WEN DPA2412T is made of a quality material type known as MDF, you do not have to bother about any issue of warping. This material validates the durability of this tool, putting you at a place of rest while helping you save some cost.
- Product dimensions – 23.9 x 11.9 inches
- Made of MDF or Melamine material
- Weighs about 10.5 lbs. per table
- Comes comprehensively with onboard rulers
- Has an adjustable fence and a detachable throat plate
- Comes at an affordable price that differs with size
- Comes along with two onboard rulers to aid use
- Works well with all other WEN products
- Has solid clamps that are second to none
- A comprehensive two year warranty
- Limited compatibility with other tools and drill presses
You can join the league of woodworkers globally who have made WEN DPA2412T their woodworking companion. It is handy and that makes it comfortable to work with. Its two onboard rulers that accompany its purchase is an added advantage as well. With it you can continually validate your measurements and be sure you are delivering accurate results. Not to forget it’s impressive price-to-quality ratio. You will definitely get good value from the best drill press table, something we can confirm based on our own experience.
02 Compact Choice: Proxxon 27100 KT 70
We understand that our choices as individuals differ and a number of factors especially as provided above inform our choices. This is why we have brought into this list of ours a compact choice.
So if you are considering a compact choice, then the Proxxon 27100 is your choice.
It has a wide table space and all the relevant attachments needed for it to function at the optimum level. It also provides the relevant comfort and ease needed to work effectively and achieve more accurate results while working. Though small, it can still accommodate the essential drill press accessories with ease.
What You Should Know
- It is highly adjustable: The ability of a table to be adjustable contributes largely to its versatility as a tool. This is because you can adjust it from time to time as you work through the board or piece. You can adjust the table to suit you comfort.
- It works great for smaller and less demanding jobs: Some small jobs demand high level of precision than many others do. This is what Proxxon 27100 is for. They help to carry out these basic tasks in the most accurate way possible, ensuring the highest level of precision.
- It comes with step clamps to suit different step levels: This tool comes comprehensively with strong clamps that works with any level it is adjusted to and ensures items are well fastened to the table firmly and properly.
- It is flexible to operate: Considering that every part of Proxxon 27100 is adjustable, this makes it flexible. This flexibility is why it is preferred more among beginners than among professionals.
- Dimensions – 7.7 x 11 x 2 inches
- Weighs about 1.7 lbs.
- Comes with 3 different standard T-slots
- Has adjustable fence and clamps
- Has high precision cross slide table that allows for 0.05mm increments
- Comes with adjustable ruler that aids good positioning
- Features well designed, highly durable clamps
- Has T-slots that help to enhance its flexibility
- Affordable for all
- Has a small table surface
- Cannot handle large and difficult tasks
When you are thinking of something flexible and compact, you have to consider Proxxon 27100. One of our volunteers even mentioned that – ‘It is perfect for small tasks, as it provides some excellent level of precision, the type I have not seen of any other drill press table.’
The price also puts it in a reasonable place for your budget. As a beginner, you can get this and master small projects to produce amazing, accurate results.
03 Budget Friendly: Woodstock D4033
Do you need a budget-friendly choice that still satisfies universal standard? If yes, Woodstock D4033 offers the excellence you need. Its affordability puts it ahead of other tables of its kind, but that is not all of it. Its many outstanding features and capabilities also speak well. This has been attested to by a number of customers in their ratings and reviews.
What You Should Know
- Every part of the table can be used: Woodstock D4033 really portrays versatility at its peak as every part of the table can be used for one purpose or the other. This is made possible by the presence of two universal and durable table clamps that comes with this table.
- It is absolutely light: Considered to be one of the lightest of the many drill press tables available, this table can easily be moved from one place to another within and outside your work room. So, you don’t have to spend time pondering what will become of your drill press table when you are leaving and moving to another workroom. Just like you, this table can come along.
- It is comprehensive and compatible: Woodstock D4033 is comprehensive in that it contains all of the components needed for it to function effectively. It is also still compatible as it can integrate itself well to any top-class drill press.
- It delivers accurate and precise results: The presence of an adjustable fence, detachable throat plate and strong clamps facilitates its use. They also contribute to the accuracy and precision of the eventual outcome.
- Made of wood, but still durable: You might be wondering how this is possible right? Yes, it is absolutely possible because once the exposed wood is sealed, the melamine covers the other part. This way, your Woodstock D4033 is able to last longer.
- Wooden but sealed with a layer melamine/ MDF
- Has a lightweight of about 11.5 lbs.
- Includes among other things two different universal table clamps
- Has a 1-year user warranty
- Comes with an easy-to-use adjustable fence
- Comes at an affordable price-to-quality ratio
- Features a ruler guide for better measurement
- Lightweight, making it portable and moveable
- Hassle-free installation process
- Exposed wooden parts can get damaged easily
Don’t miss out on any opportunity to get this cheap drill press table which is also feature-rich. Suitable for a number of purposes, Woodstock D4033 works well for both professionals and beginners alike. It is also great for drilling the most precise holes on any wooden piece. It can be used to carry basic woodworking tasks as well as complex ones. Despite the many things this table can be used for and its excellent features, it has a nice price-to-quality ratio that makes it a desirable item.
04 Most Versatile Choice: DEWALT DW7350
Versatility of a woodworking tool allows for easy multitasking resulting in you working faster and better. Dewalt DW7350 planer stand with integrated base offers you that versatility you desire from a table. Its awesome features and working abilities is what has caused it to rise to number 4 on our list.
There are a lot of things you, as a woodworker, should know about this particular drill press table, but let us quickly take a look at a few of it.
What You Should Know
- Dewalt DW7350 is durable and stable under heavy load: You definitely want a table you can trust with heavy loads. This table comes with a mobile thickness planer stand that makes it easy for it to hold heavy loads. These loads are clamped well to the table by the holding clamps. They are held firm and in place by the adjustable fence. Due to the base construction of this table, you can move it easily from one place to another.
- With this table, you can drill more holes to accommodate your planer: Its planer is one of the set up features that allows for a strong and reliable base. Just like the planer, this table comes with a wheel set that is detachable. So you can fix this wheel set when the table is in use, and you can detach after use or when not in use at all. To engage or disengage this wheel set, you will need a foot pedal, to ensure that it is secured and done in the most appropriate way.
- Dewalt DW7350’s MDF covering and steel frame enhances durability: It comes with an MDF covering and a steel frame that protects it from wearing off or denting. With this, you don’t have to keep spending money on repairs or maintenance.
- Known to be highly versatile as it can be used for multiple tasks
- Holding clamps are durable and stable for heavy loads
- Comes with an ease for movement and storage of planer and stand
- A bit large and weighs about 59 pounds
- Comes with additional tools like a mobile base, MDF top, and stand
- Mobile base helps it stand firm anywhere it’s placed
- Large and provides a comfortable work space
- Wheels come in handy and are easy to engage
- Comes with a steel frame that makes it long-lasting
- Instruction manual isn’t comprehensive enough
Check into any woodworking store today and place your order for this excellent and versatile item. It doesn’t matter as to whether you are a professional or a beginner, a manual guide comes with Dewalt DW7350 to help put you through its use.
05 Fulton 15″ x 24″ x 1-3/8″ Thick with Aluminum L Fence
This Fulton model’s design, functionality and overall performance earned it a space in this shortlist. With so much of its features to describe, we will just be looking at the basic ones leaving you to find out more as you enjoy making use of the table.
What You Should Know
- It has zero clearance insert for specific size bits: This model comes with a zero clearance insert with a measurement of about 5 x 5 inches at the top. This zero clearance insert makes it easy for you while working on the table, to operate it like a spindle sander. This is one feature that not only marks out this drill press table, but marks it out for excellence.
- Its laminated surface helps to shield it from warping: Warping is the wearing off point of the table, and if this is not prevented, you might have to be changing that table soon. This will not have to be the case with this table as it comes laminated with the MDF material. This not only prevents the table from warping, but it also ensures a flat surface for easy placement of your projects.
- Easy to use and maintain at the same time: Due to the structure and material make up of this model, you can keep it working. It doesn’t require any special knowledge for you to understand how to make use of it. Once you have an idea about woodworking or have worked with any of the other drill presses, then you will be able to work on this. Its manual guide can be referred to any point you need clarity as to how it works for a given job.
- Zero clearance insert
- Has a comprehensive but easy to understand manual guide
- Has an average size adjustable fence that fits in well and firmly to the T-tracks
- It is reliable and has its use backed by a 1-year warranty plan
- It has a great track mounting system
- Sturdy enough to be used in all seasons and for all woodworking jobs
- Gives you plenty of room and tools to work with
- Has an aluminum hold down clamp to hold items to the table
- Perfect for professional and beginner woodworkers and furniture makers
- Not fully compatible with other drill presses while being a bit pricier
If your budget can accommodate this model then there is no point contemplating on whether to get it or not. It helps you to achieve more precise results with less stress and at a faster work rate.
06 Woodpeckers WPDPPACK2
The need for a drill press table with a good clamping ability has been well stated before. Many woodworkers actually prefer making drill press tables themselves but they hardly find any option for clamping. If you are looking for reliable hold down clamps, then the Woodpeckers WPDPPACK2 is what you need. It’s an upgradation of the brand’s WPDPPACK1 model. Aside from its awesome clamping abilities, it has a number of outstanding features.
Before we go on to examine these features, it is important to state some obvious facts. This item came into the market when there was a high demand for a table with enough working space. Since it was designed for that purpose, it has still remained one that KS widespread in terms of reliability and durability.
What You Should Know
- Its space speaks for it: No doubt every woodworker needs a lot of space so as to have all the comfort needed to work and work effectively. This is one of the few drill press tables that can give you all the space you need of a table to work on. You just have to bear in mind that you have a larger table to work with, but a lesser workroom to move around in.
- It is a comprehensive kit with excellent components: It comes comprehensively with all the necessary parts needed to function in place. It has an adjustable fence with a laser engraving. It has a zero like center view which makes it easy to work with. The only side effect here is that its fence is not as high as that of other drill press tables. But you don’t have to worry about that because it makes it easy for you have a grip of the table’s handle.
- It has an awesome structure: As a table it comes in an easy to work with structure which gives it an edge over other tables of its kind. Its layout comes with a couple of double-wide T-tracks in laminated surface bolted well in place. All the bolts of these table are also well fitted in place and fastened. This way you do not have to worry about any part of it loosing off while you are working on and with it.
- Its surface is well protected: Laminated with microdot (Formica), the surface of this drill press table is built with MDF core. This way it doesn’t wear or tear off easily. The surface also has a gentle grip that ensures that your wood pieces are firm while sliding along the table.
- Made of microdot laminate material
- Weight: 17.1 lbs.
- Dimensions: 37.2″ x 16.5″ x 2.5″
- Laser engraved two T-tracks (double-wide)
- Two powerful knuckle clamps and a filler
- A fence face (laser engraved)
- Compatible with 12″ or larger drill presses
- Has an impressive and striking look
- Comes with laser engravings that enhance your work output
- Comes as a microdot laminated surface that makes it durable
- Comprehensive and highly compatible
- Falters when working on smaller drill presses
Are you concerned about the design and look of your tool? If yes, then you should add Woodpecker WPDPPACK1 to your arsenal. Although some users complained about finding it hard to install it on a benchtop drill press, it is generally safe to use, easy to understand and delivers excellent results. It also comes at an affordable price that goes well with the value it provides.
07 MLCS 9778 Jumbo Size Drill Press Table
As the name implies, it is a jumbo table with 20-inch in width and 30-inch in length. So far as our testing of this model went, it confirmed that once you are working with this, your woodworking experience will never be the same. It will not only ensure precision and accurate results but will also bring maximum productivity at work.
What You Should Know
Reliability and durability is assured: No need to worry about safety when drilling. MLC improved their fence design by adding extra handles clearance, so you will no longer have to move the fence for getting optimum handle clearance. It is built with super strong ⅞ inches MDF/Melamine.
Ease of work: Coming with all of its parts needed to function, this table is a comprehensive woodworking kit. It has been tested to carry out basically tasks easily and still not found wanting in the face of more rigorous tasks. It comes with 2 T-Tracks convenient use of fitting accessories. The mounting system here is universal. Also features stop block which is fence mounted in a bid to prevent repetitive cuts.
It allows you to clear chucks while working: In woodworking, when you are working on smaller projects, chucks get in the way. This table comes with an adjustable fence that allows you to clear chucks. Its fence is held in place by to knobs and secured to fit in well to the T-track as you work with it.
- An L-shaped fence measuring 20x 30 inches
- ⅞ inches MDF/Melamine covering
- Weighs 23lbs
- Two T-tracks included
- Dimensions (package) 31″ x 21″ x 3.5″
- Wider space gives it all the firmness it needs to stand.
- Has a simple ergonomic design that makes it easy to use
- Reliable and durable because of its material composition
- Eats up lots of space
MLC, among all of its peers, is known for quality tables, and 9778 Jumbo is no exception. With a good budget, you can add this tool to your woodworking equipment collection and level up your game. As mentioned earlier, you can now begin to carry out more tasks with less stress and in real quick time
08 WEN DPA2412
You have done a lot of drill press and it is time for you to go beyond the limit and move to the next level. Yes, and that can only happen with the magnificent WEN DPA2412. With such an awesome design, comprehensive feature and high performance, it is one of the amazing choices you will find in our list.
What You Should Know
- It is a spacious table with additional square inches: You don’t have to worry about managing work spaces so that one project doesn’t interfere with the other. WEN DPA2412 has you covered with its additional space of up to 275 square inches. This allows you to keep other projects on the table while you carry on work with the current project.
- You are sure of accurate results: This choice comes with on board rulers that helps you achieve precise cuts. These precise cuts make up what will eventually become an accurate outcome. Working hand in hand with the onboard rulers available on this table is the adjustable fence that slides back and forth making it comfortable for you to achieve precise cuts for each of the wood pieces.
- You don’t have to worry that your table will warp: Warping and wobbling after a long while of use is what happens to a number of drill press tables. This is not the case with this table as it is protected by a 1″ thick MDF material. It also has a sliding fence stop block that keeps the fence within a sliding limit. This further enhances accuracy as the wood is centered properly for more accurate cuts.
- Board measurements: 23 x 11 x 1 inches
- Compatible with all drill presses between the ranges of 5″ – 16″
- Compatible with all WEN drill presses
- An adjustable fence, a sliding fence, onboard rulers, and a stop block included
- Compatible holding clamps
- One of the most compatible of all the drill press tables
- Comes with a precise and concise warranty plan
- Easy to set up, easy to understand and comfortable to use
- Price-to-quality ratio is okay, making it affordable
- Has a simple yet attractive design
- Bolts and screws are not firmly in place as they can disappoint anytime
Space is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a drill press table. You will need space to ensure you are comfortable while working. You will need space to multi task yourself. You will need space if you want to deliver more accurate results. As long as you will need space, then you should purchase WEN DPA2412 to give you all the space you need.
09 MLCS 9765 Drill Press Table
Are you looking for a quality drill press table with an unbeatable price point? Are you eager to work with a simple model with an adjustable fence and two T-tracks that are second to none? Want to have an amazing woodworking experience in a safe manner? The MLCS 9765 might be exactly what you need.
Reliability and durability assured: MLCS 9765 is known to be a high quality size table made from good materials. Its base material is a thick 7/8 inch MDF/Melamine that gives it all the confidence to withstand heavy duty. It also adds strength to the table giving you the assurance of safety you need to get your job done on it.
It has a strong and precise fence: To achieve the right results, you have to position your materials accurately. The adjustable fence of this table makes it easy for you to have your materials in place. The strong clamps help ensure that materials are fastened well to the table working well with the T-tracks.
It is not much of an inclusive kit: One major disadvantage of this kit as a whole, is that it doesn’t come as a complete kit. Some parts like the clamps need to be purchased separately.
- Weight: 11 lbs.
- Fence: Adjustable
- T-tracks: Two
- Dimensions: 12” x 24”
- Warranty: 3 years
- Very spacious, likewise, it’s convenient to work with
- Allows precision drilling
- 7/8 inch thick MDF gives it all the support it needs
- Comes with T-track hold downs and removable/replaceable insert
- Good quality clamps need to be purchased separately
Apart from the one major disadvantage of this item (poor quality clamp coming with the package), MLCS 9765 is an excellent tool. You can try this if you already have a budget set and don’t want to go for any of the random tables.
10 HTC Expandable Tool Table (HTT-31)
Have you been considering convenience, excellent performance, and portability when looking for a drill press table? HTC HTT-31 can be the right option. This product expands itself from the top and surely is one of the most outstanding features a drill press table can possess.
In order for you to have a full grasp of what this extension table is made up of and can do, here is its major features.
What You Should Know
- Allows you to easily mount working tools: With its expandable table top, you can mount all of your tools needed to carry out a particular task on the table. This way you can easily reach out for these tools without necessarily stressing or moving up and down.
- It is able to accommodate other machines: HTC HTT-31 comes with a 14 x 25 inch MDF top which enhances its compatibility. With this feature, it can expand to the point of being able to divide itself into two. When done, it can accommodate other larger machines to carry out specific tasks.
- It is known for its relative strength and stability: With a weight of about 500 lb., this tool can stand firm and strong. Asides from being weighty, it also has strong legs with rubber fit that makes it stable on the ground. This gives the table all the balance it needs and gives you all the comfort you need to work well on the table.
- It has convenient, easy to understand and use features: This is what makes HTC HTT-31 a versatile choice that can be used by both beginners and professionals. Amongst its features, there are a handy ruler, two solid clams, a T-throat, an adjustable fence, and a detachable throat plate. All of these features are useful enough to give you the reason to use a drill press table.
- Expandable top measurements
- Shelves material: MDF
- Heavy-duty steel frame and rubber feet
- Weight capacity: 500 lbs.
- A complete and comprehensive warranty plan
- Great for rigorous tasks and referred to as heavy duty
- Comes with a thick aluminum cover that makes it durable
- Features dual length knobs that are easily reachable
- Extremely high fence
- Nuts and bolts many times fall out of place while in use
What more is to be said other than for you to go and place an order for yours now? Much details have been provided about it, but you will see more of HTC HTT-31 when you will put it to work. No woodworking task that requires to be done on a table can’t be done on this.
Why Use a Drill Press Table?
As a novice woodworker or a beginner, you might be wondering why a perfect table is important for maximizing the uses of a drill press. Yes, it is normal, as I was once in that position too. However, professionals just like me, not only make use of this tool because it is one of the many tools required. They do so because they have come to understand from their many years of experience, the importance of this tool.
We cannot exhaust all the many importance of making use of a drill press woodworking table, but let us quickly run through a number of them.
- It enhances your speed: While it is absolutely possible for you to still work with a random table, an adjustable drill press table is what you need. With this tool, your work rate is enhanced. You can work faster on it than you will on any random table.
- It is safer to work with: Woodworking requires care and attention. You have to shield yourself and your working tools from potential dangers. This tool provides you comfort and assures your safety at the same time.
- It allows for more accurate results: When you’re able to work comfortably, a number of things are bound to happen. One of those things is that you will be able to pay the needed attention to details. When you do, you will achieve precise and accurate results. Precision and accuracy in woodworking form the basis upon which professionalism thrives.
- You would not have to make timely replacements: If you are meticulous enough to take your time while selecting a drill press table, you are doing yourself a whole lot of good. This is because these tables are always comprehensive enough that you don’t have to replace anytime soon.
- Its affordability is a thing to consider: You might be considering random tables above drill press tables because you are trying to minimize costs. No, you have nothing to worry about because these tables are usually affordable for the average user.
Drill Press Table – Buyer’s Guide
When visiting one store to another, you have to take into consideration a number of factors to find the best drill press table. But these factors might differ from one woodworker to another as much as they are from a professional to a novice.
You might be wondering why is this coming first, right? This is because you won’t want to buy a tool that cannot last you for as long as is desired. Make sure that the choice you make is one that can last you for long with low maintenance costs.
Portability of a model is defined by its length and width. Make sure you first consider the space of your work room before determining its size. Less workroom space will require that you go for a more portable one than someone who has a larger room. The type of woodwork done also influences the size to be desired though this is not an issue when you use a magnetic drill press.
A versatile choice will allow you to multitask easily and comfortably while maintaining precision and accuracy at the same time. Whether you’re handling a commercial or a DIY project, you always want versatility in your choice.
4. Ease of Set Up
How simple is the set up process? This also depends on your general knowledge of the tool. For a novice who is not so familiar with the tool, you can go for one that is easier to set up and understand.
5. Quality Construction & Finish
You should also among other things, take into consideration the quality of the table’s construction. What is the design structure like? Does it fit the way you like? Can you easily move it up and down or you have to go for a lift?
Closely related to this is the finishing of the table. It is always advices that you get a tool that is smooth especially if it is a wooden one.
Other basic features of each tool to take note and inquire about include:
- Fence: Look out for a fence that is either simple or complex, made of wood or metal, depending on your choice. Just make sure that regardless of your choice, it is adjustable.
- T-tracks & T-slots: This slot is always perpendicular to your work and makes it easy for you to be able to attach items to the table. Make sure they are parallel and can be attached to the fence.
- Holding power: This can be referred to as the clamping abilities of the drill press table. Make sure to look out for the strength of these clamps based on the task you expect of them in your workroom. Try going for clamps that glide to and fro on T-tracks.
- Throat plate: This is detachable from the table and is necessary to prevent the entire table top from being changed when any damage happens to it especially by multiple drill holes.
7. Price-to-Quality Ratio
Consider your budget for the drill press table. Make sure whichever one you are going has an impressive price to quality ratio and will serve you as much as it costs.
A Word from Drillly
To conclude, we showed you the many uses and importance of a drill press table. As a woodworker, furniture maker or driller, you can actually do a lot more with a high-end option. Work becomes faster, delivery becomes more accurate, comfortability is assured, safety is secured, and a lot more. All these and many more are the reasons why professionals advice that this is a must-have tool if you want to make your woodworking journey a successful one.
What we think should be clarified is if you want to work with this tool, make sure that you follow through every instruction provided on the user manual guide. It is from this guide that you will find out the steps involved to install in your workshop. You will also find out how to ensure that the tool is always in its optimum working condition.
We think it’s worth mentioning that aside from these 10 options, there are also many models from different brands like Craftsman, Ryobi, Rockler, Incra, Kreg, Grizzly, Delta, and Woodsmith. They come with good features and functionalities as well. But they could not take a place in this shortlist because they fell short of the required positive features the Drillly team was looking for during the testing phase. We admit that some of those models are also great that drill press users try anytime.
Every single model listed here has its specific purposes that it serves. Make sure to find out what purpose you need the table for before make a final decision. We hope that finding the best drill press table according to your own requirements won’t be so difficult after going through our in-depth drill press table reviews.